Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Washington Association of Landscape Professionals (WALP). WALP is the forum that provides education, networking, and advocacy to the Green Industry. Whether your firm is a one-person operation or a multi-million dollar company, if you want to associate with the best, you can’t afford to not be a member. WALP offers you tools that will enhance your career and your business and put you in the forefront of the Landscaping Industry.
When you join WALP, you automatically become a member of the Local Chapter in your area. That’s two memberships for the price of one! Local Chapters offer you the opportunity to interact with local landscape professionals and provide countless additional networking opportunities and educational forums. But wait…there’s more! When you join WALP you get 25% off your first year of membership! Use discount code FIRSTYEAR when submitting the membership form. This discount code excludes individual landscape professional and student memberships.
WALP members get the very best information, advocacy, education, and networking opportunities. Learn about what WALP can do for you by visiting our Member Benefits page! For any additional information or questions contact the WALP Office. If your current membership is up for renewal, you can complete your renewal online today.
WALP Members: Is Your Company’s Membership Up For Renewal?
The primary contact for your company is able to renew membership if the renewal date is within the next 60 days or if it has lapsed. The primary contact should also have received an email notification asking to renew. To find out your company’s renewal date, please visit the member center (login required).
Renewing your WALP Membership will ensure:
- You are listed in our online directory for consumers and member inquirers.
- You’ll be the first to know and have the opportunity to be promoted at major events that WALP participates in including home, garden, and flower shows throughout Washington State.
- You receive all future issues and access to our online archive of the popular and informative “Northwest Landscape Professional”.
- You have membership in your local Chapter, which provides you with the competitive advantage through enhanced exposure, education, and networking opportunities.
For additional member benefits, visit our Member Benefits page!
WALP is not just for landscape contractors, the association serves the whole Landscaping Industry. Our members include:
Regular Member – Contractors Providing Installation, Maintenance And/Or Sub-Contracting
Any licensed landscape contracting business or for-profit organization that installs or maintains portions or all of the interior and/or exterior landscapes within the State of Washington.
Associate Member – Supplier Companies
Any affiliated trade manufacturer, distributor, and/or supplier actively involved in the supply of goods and services to members of WALP who are not otherwise qualified as regular members and whose role in WALP is principally to promote goods and services to members.
- Municipalities, Parks, Government Agencies: Any governmental unit with a significant interest in the landscape industry who does not otherwise qualify for regular membership.
- Design Professional Companies: Landscape architects and qualified landscape and irrigation consultants and designers, and horticultural consultants who do not otherwise qualify for regular membership.
- Educators: Any professional engaged in educating, consulting, or advising regular members of WALP who do not otherwise qualify for regular memberships.
- Individual: Any non-owner, non-officer individual whose employer organization is not a member of WALP but who would qualify as a regular member if the employer organization joined.
Any person designated by reason of their contributions to the Association and to its purposes and objectives may be appointed an honorary member by the unanimous action of the Board of Directors.
Any business or organization not conducting business in Washington that would otherwise qualify for regular membership.
Membership Payment Structure
|Category||Annual Gross Sales in Washington State||Single Dues Payment|
|C-1||Up to $250,000||$350|
|C-2||$250,001 to $500,000||$550|
|S-2||Supplier with Branches||$500|
|A-1||Municipalities, Parks, Govt. Agencies, Landscape Architects,|
Designers, Consultants, Educators
|A-2||Professional Individual Non-Affiliated (State Board Approval Only),|
Non-Owner Landscape or Related Industry Certified Professionals
|A-3||Student (with proof of current enrollment)||$50|